If you know me personally or follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you’ll know that I’ve been getting sick. A LOT.
I went to see my physician yesterday. She believes that I have a medley of things that are making me vulnerable to illness.
(1) I likely have seasonal allergies.
(2) I may also have food allergies.
(3) My immune system is so taxed from fighting allergies, when I encounter someone who is sick, I don’t have enough defenses to ward it off.
(4) As a mom, I come into contact with lots of sickness that I may have avoided before Phoebe, and I’m simply unable to fight it.
So. Here’s the plan. I’m going to add several supplements to my diet, per my physician’s recommendation. Some of the following are things I have already been doing, and some are new things I’m adding per my visit. I share them with you in case some of this information helps you as it helped me. (Be sure to check with your own doctor to see if these are good things for you to take).
– RAW HONEY from local farms will help bolster my system against seasonal allergens specific to my area.
– VITAMIN D3 will aid in my overall health, due to living in a cloudy climate
– QUERCETIN with Nettle is an herbal supplement I should take daily during my allergy season. It will help boost my immune system.
– XYLITOL nasal spray will help give me relief when my sinuses start acting up.
– PROBIOTICS are important to get in a regular basis. Instead of taking a supplement, I’m getting mine through food. Fermented foods are rich with probiotics. The ones I eat regularly are:
– SAUERKRAUT, a tablespoon a day
– YOGURT (full fat and cream top yogurt…and I often make my own from raw milk), several times a week
– KOMBUCHA, a cup a day
When I feel a cold coming on, or if I’ve been around sick people, the following will help give my system a little extra to ward of the sickies:
– GRAPESEED OIL EXTRACT
– COLLOIDAL SILVER
And, once I have gotten sick, there’s nothing like some warm chicken broth & chamomile tea to nurse me back to health. Really. These traditional remedies truly help!
What homeopathic or natural methods do you use to ward off sickness or nurse yourself and your family back to health?
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone